Sunday, January 15, 2006

Stuck on Amtrak

Normally, I am pretty happy with Amtrak. But, tonight is a BIG exception. We left Boston on the Acela, bound for Baltimore. About a mile before 128 station, the train started having problems. Seemed like a breaker was repeatedly resetting or something. Anyway, this continued over and over, all the way to Providence, RI (about 45-50 miles). When we got to Providence, they decided to move us all off the Acela and on to an Amtrak Regional train, which is where we are now. We are stopping at every podunk stop along the Amtrak route to NY - and I suppose we will do the same thing from NY to Baltimore!

Now, I called Amtrak at 800-USA-RAIL and the operators had no idea there was a problem. She was nice enough, but had no clue. At least she checked and found out that the customer service department will be open on Monday (why wouldn't they be???).

It will be interesting to see how Amtrak deals with this when I call them tomorrow. I will hold off my flame until then - maybe I'll be surprised. But, I am pretty pissed off now.

By the way, we are now literally travelling backwards!!! Got to Bridgeport, loaded those people on, and now we are going backwards, away from NY and our final destination!!

Our rail system sucks.

No comments: