Friday, December 09, 2005

Mena Trott's speech was controversial????

OK - I am a relative innocent in this world of blogging. I post a few thoughts, then go away for a while, post some more. So - I may lack some of the passion that others have about this medium. But this one got me...

I am struggling to see how anything in Mena Trott's speech to the Les Blogs conference could be even termed remotely controversial. Someone who could theoretically benefit from incivility (increased sales of six apart products in an ever-escalating arms race) in the blogosphere asking for civility is about as controversial as asking someone not to sneeze on you during cold and flu season.

Give me a break - there really are some people out there who need to reassess their perspectives on things. I noted the linkback about "Currygate" on Nicholas Carr's blog and I have to concur... people are taking this way to seriously. Just deal with it. Grow up. Geesh.

To badly paraphrase Rick, in Casablanca, "none of us amount to a hill of beans on this old web..."

1 comment:

David Tebbutt said...

Try searching Technorati on "meta trott" "ben metcalfe" lesblogs. Then you'd find out...